Thursday, March 29, 2012

When to say no

This weekend I was all signed up to run in the Chi Town Half Marathon, but honestly, as I mentioned before, I'm not ready or trained for a half quite yet.  So after much deliberation, and some inspiration about not wanting to hurt myself from Molly over at Hungry Hungry Runner, I decided to also switch down to the 10k.  I'm actually really happy with my decision.  I can focus on running a great 10k rather than focusing on "just finishing" a half marathon.

In other news: tonight my co-worker and I have reservations at Sprout, and I CAN'T WAIT to try it.  I've been dying to get up there since it opened.  I'll let y'all know just how delicious it was later.  I mean, they have house bacon infused vodka.  Bacon vodka.  Don't mind if I do!

4 comments:

  1. There is no shame in switching to a shorter distance! Enjoy Sprout!! I hear it's AMAZINGGGGGGG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is very smart that you switched down to the 10K! Nothing wrong with that! Have fun!

    And have fun at Sprout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shows a lot of smarts to switch to the shorter race. I know quite a few people who would go ahead with the longer distance and not enjoy themselves.

    Let us know what you think of the restaurant! I've never been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sprout - good company, good wine, not so great on the food front. Insane prices for small portions... and I wasn't blown away. However - definitely a cool atmosphere :)

    ReplyDelete