Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Karyn's on Green

Last night I had dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time.  We decided to try a new place known for their chic atmosphere, great service, and vegan food.  I've never been to a vegan restaurant before, but this place, Karyn's on Green, is literally a 5 minute walk from my boyfriend's West Loop apartment.

Image courtesy of Karyn's on Green website

The interior was gorgeous, as seen above, and the menu was surprisingly versatile for being a vegan restaurant.  They had everything from salads to risotto to linguini to soups to raw cheese plates to cheesecake and peanut butter pie for dessert.  I tried the crab cakes, served with kabocha squash, farro, kumquats, and chamomile.  Delicious!

Crab cakes

I've been looking to try new restaurants in Chicago, as I tend to go to the same (amazing) places time after time - and Karyn's on Green definitely opened my eyes to a wonderful world of veganism.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just saw your comment on Chicago Runner Girl's blog and clicked over... I just at at Karyn's on March 2nd! I loved it! My best friend is moving over to that part of town, so I hope it means I get to go again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Yeah, I was happily surprised... and definitely want to go back again for cocktails and dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, the peanut butter pie at Karyn's is orgasmically good! I'm the person kilax mentioned who is moving to that part of town and I fear I will be at Karyn's just for that pie way more often than is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. Hey Erin! I'm moving to the West Loop in May and will live within a 10 minute walk to that peanut butter pie as well. You will love that area, so many cool bars and restaurants around!

    ReplyDelete