Friday, March 23, 2012

A few of my favorite things

1. Fresh flowers – One of my favorite things in the world is having fresh flowers on my kitchen table, or counter, or bedside table.  It's a lovely pick-me-up both when I'm at the store picking out the arrangement, and each time I come home to them.
2. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark – I’m kind of a picky girl in terms of nail polish, but this one has always remained at the top of my list for a go-to color.
3. Nike + GPS running watch – My Christmas gift from my boyfriend, it's my first "running accessory" since taking up running, aside from my Fleet Feet shoes.
4. Fall Colors – Autumn is one of my favorite times of year with the changing colors and crunchy leaves.
5. Meatballs from Viaggio – Ask anyone who has known me for 10 years or 10 months, and they'll tell you I am not a meatball lover.  Except from Viaggio, my favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago.  Alone, with your pasta... or in their famous meatball salad - you can't go wrong.
6. Baseball games – Summertime at a baseball game with a hot dog in your hand. 
7. Spectacles – My vision is close to perfect, but I’ve always dreamed of wearing glasses. Of course, I had the same feelings about braces until I had to wear them for three years in high school.
8. Traveling – Whether it's across the state, country, or world... I love exploring new places.  Last year I went to Colorado for the first time, and so far in 2012 I've made it down to the Bahamas.
9. Foreign films – I don't know what it is about it, but I adore them.  French and Italian get top rank because the language sounds so sexy to me.
10. Diet black cherry soda – I wish I didn't, but I do have just the tiniest big addiction to diet soda.

6 comments:

  1. oh man, i am so ready for baseball season! i don't eat hotdogs, but i make up for it in peanut and beer consumption!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have an unhealthy addiction to nut butters as well. Peanut butter, almond butter, macadamia nut butter.... ha!

      Sox or Cubs? (please say Sox) :)

      Delete
  2. Tell me some of your fave foreign films that are woth reading the subtitles. Of course, I love Amelie, but it was pretty mainstream!

    My coworker loanded me Lincoln Park After Dark to try. Right now I am rocki' Wooden Shoe Like to Know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelie (but yes, very mainstream), With a Friend Like Harry (French), Olivier Olivier (French), A Beautiful Life (Italian), White Ribbon (German), Piano Teacher (French). Those are a few off the top of my head, anyway.

    Fun! I love all those brownish/darker colors, especially in the winter. Right now I'm in Cajun Shrimp - fun and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on pretty much this whole list - especially Lincoln Park After Dark (it's my tried-and-true favorite), Viaggo (best. Italian. ever), and baseball. I'm an equal opportunity baseball lover so that makes living in Chicago easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my new favorite person if you also share my love of Viaggio :)

      Delete