Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Adventures in Kentucky

This past weekend I ventured down to Lexington, KY to visit with a few friends I hadn't seen in quite a while.  My trip started off dreary as I was riding a nasty storm the whole way down.  What should have been a 6.5 hour drive turned into an 8 hour drive.

However - Saturday was much better!  I woke up to a sunny day and met Sarah and Amanda for lunch at a cute little place called Saul Good.  It had been a year since I'd last seen Sarah in Tampa, and it had been 5 years (wow that is crazy to think about) since I'd last seen Amanda in Sydney, Australia.

After lunch Sarah and I wandered over to the Lexington Horse Park where we explored like 5-year-olds at the zoo for the first time ever.

Gorgeous white picket fences were everywhere

Cigar was trying to join in on the action

Loved these chairs!

After a day of traveling with my favorite new bubble umbrella thinking it was going to drizzle on us at any second (of course it didn't since I had an umbrella.  Had I not, I would have been drenched I'm sure), we headed to the downtown Lexington area where we had a great dinner at deSha's, which one of my co-workers - a University of Kentucky grad - suggested.

I say "yes" to wine!

Street view of deSha's

Amanda joined back up with after dinner for some drinks at an Irish bar just around the corner, McCarthy's.

5 year reunion!

And... we made some new friends with a bachelor party that stopped by

All in all - thumbs up to Kentucky, which I was not expecting.  It was a beautiful state, I had a fabulous time with my friends, and would definitely go back.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed yourself! I was also surprised by how much I liked Louisville when I was there a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to pack a lot of fun into one weekend! :) i am a fan of kentucky, but i have only been to Lexington!

    ReplyDelete